Genuine Leather vs. Its Synthetic Sibling – What Are The Advantages?
Obviously real leather is more expensive than PU and certainly way more prestigious, but it has more to offer than a lot of you might think:
- It suffers less from abrasion and UV-light inflicted damage which makes it more durable
- It is very tearproof
- It is breathable through absorbing humidity without getting wet and giving it back off into the room air
- It is more resistant to forming cracks
- It is conceived as being more pleasant haptic- and comfort-wise
That said, the kind of high-quality faux leather covering used for the EPIC PU is quite competitive in matters of durability and sturdiness. In the end, it is mainly a question of taste, ethics (of course only faux leather is 100% vegan) and what you can affort.
If you checked out my video – it is worth it – you might have noticed that I engaged myself a little development assistance. That aside it is easy to assemble the EPIC on your own in just under 10 minutes. Compared to all the other chairs I have put together in my “career” this was the easiest and quickest to rig up.
There is a simple reason for that: The components of the EPIC are made noticeably more precise than usual which allows for an effortless assembly. Every stroke of work, every screw is a perfect fit.
My First Impressions Of This Chair
The postman who lifted the securely packaged chair over my doorstep moaned something like “Damn, this one is even heavier than the other gigantonourmous packages I typically drag into your hallway”. And he was right:
Even though the EPIC Series aims at the average sized gamer, it tips the scale at 27 kilos – that is 2kg more than the bigger King Series of competitor DXRacer weighs. As the typical German I have become, I take this as a good omen for extra solid components. Speaking of components, let us take a look at those:
Test Sitting The EPIC Series Real Leather
Alright, let us get into detail now and talk ergonomics, comfort and sitting climate. About a year has passed now since I did my initial review of the EPIC Series Real Leather chair thus I have a pretty good idea of its long-term qualities. On average I spend about 8 hours a day on my EPIC for it has quickly become my main computer chair at work.
Interim Conculsion: The Real Leather Top Dog
With its innovative EPIC Series Real Leather Chair noblechairs has done everything right – it is exactly what was missing on the market. In a skilful way, they combined premium materials with never seen before precision during manufacturing making the EPIC Series not only stand out optically but also with top-notch ergonomics and breathability. Adding the incomparably comfy cushions covered in velvety soft fabric, the passion for detail and unparalleled customer support to the cake makes this – in my opinion – the best gaming chair available today.
It is beyond all dispute that the EPIC Series’ excellent performance throughout my review earns it the highest honours: The GOTURBACK Platinum Award!
- Platinum Award winning gaming chair
- the best racing seat I have reviewed yet
- also fancied by customers outside the gaming community
- maximum breathability & comfort through genuine leather
- impeccable manufacturing and extensive adjustability
- check out my recommended reseller: overclockers UK (red button)
Some Impressions Of The PU-Leather Chair I Tested
Interim Conculsion: Faux Leather At Its Best
Based on my reviews and all the chairs I have sat on yet, I can say that the EPIC Series Faux Leather hands down is the single best PU-Leather seat on the market. The outstanding thick covering, its deceptively real texture, the precise alignment of the material – it just feels and looks almost genuine. Adding an extensive set of adjustability and functionality as well as refined details like the imitation suede patches to the game makes the EPIC Series PU-Leather chair the most complete, yet budget-friendly gaming chair.
Even though noblechairs maxed out on the possibilities to make this faux leather covering as resilient as possible, I would still hand the durability-crown to its genuine sibling. Talking breathability, the perforation certainly seems to help but again: If you have got the money, go for the EPIC Series Real Leather chair – if not, this seat is most likely the very best alternative with its impeccable bang for buck performance!
Colour Styles: From Staid Conference Chair To Fancy Racing Seat
The EPIC is the first gaming chair seriously able to attract customers beyond the games community. With their sophisticated brown/beige and brown/black real leather models, the German designers created something astonishingly beautiful that undoubtedly fits into the finest conference room or manager’s office.
Still Uncertain? Check Out My Video For An In-Depth Comparison
As I have already mentioned, the EPIC Series accommodates a pretty wide range of user weights as well as heights. For one thing, this is due to the relatively flat side boulders and for another thing due to the shape of the headrest, that allows you to use the neck pillow even in higher positions. Because of the slightly elevated minimum sitting height, I would not recommend the EPIC if you are far below 1.70 meters (a smaller gaslift is going to be released soon), but all the way up to 1.95m is fine.
The stated maximum weight of 120 kilos might seem a little puny to you; however, this declaration underlies comparatively stringent standards – or more precisely: A competitor might as well label a chair with the same specifications with a max weight of 150kg. noblechairs just plays it safe and more realistically considering things like load-spikes while sitting down.
This has been a hell of a review, and the EPIC Series deserves nothing less. The chairs – regardless of real leather or PU – convinced me all along the line, bringing many long awaited features to the table while combining it with a stunningly beautiful optic.
My personal highlights of the EPIC Series Chairs:
- Materials: Of course they brought the first real leather chair ever which taken by itself is exceptional, but the PU cover does not have to hide itself either. It comes thicker, more precisely aligned and last but not least perforated to vest it with the power of breathability.
- Craftmanship: Second to none. Throughout my reviews, I have never seen such precise stitchings and perfect alignments. Nothing rattles more than it needs and you will not find any threads or plastic pieces sticking out.
- Design: The successful symbiosis of luxury and sportiness renders the EPIC beautiful as well as versatile. Multiple colour schemes allow the chair to work in sophisticated surroundings as well as in a fancy game room – the black, brown and beige styles are even sought after by non-gamers.
- Costumer-Support: noblechairs is zealous when it gets to satisfying customers. The contact has been very attentive towards my own and experiences throughout the British as well as German community paint the same accommodating picture.
- Expertise: This might as well be my personal highlight. The German team behind the EPIC Series just knows their products to the detail, and they continually work on innovative advancements. Very well-versed in matters of mechanics, they know what makes a good gaming chair as well as what customers have been dying to get changed or improved. It is not another startup that buys off the rack; these are guys that went the extra mile to create something greater and this it how it is meant to be done.
Additional Buying Sources
© 2017 GOTURBACK.uk
Our goal is to find the perfect gaming chair for each and every one of you. If you have any questions left unanswered or content ideas feel free to contact us via email or the commentary function.